Page count: 224 pages
File size: 2.6 MB
How to be a Brilliant FE Teacher is a straightforward, friendly guide to being an effective and innovative teacher in post-compulsory education. Focussing on practical advice drawn from the author’s extensive and successful personal experience of both teaching and training teachers, it offers sound guidance, underpinned by the latest research, theory and policy in the field.
Structured around the questions that all new teachers and lecturers ask in their first teaching post, it is an introduction to both essential teaching skills and what to expect from working in this exciting, fast-paced sector. Key chapters cover:
- The learners – who they are, diversity and motivation;
- What will actually happen – organising teaching, technology and resources;
- How to keep your students’ interest – understanding and responding to learning styles;
- How will I know if they’ve learned it? – assessment and feedback;
- Making sure it’s working – student evaluation, reflecting on and improving practice.
Packed throughout with information about where to find the best materials and resources to support your teaching, this book also offers sensible advice on balancing home and life, working effectively with your colleagues and progressing in your career.
How to be a Brilliant FE Teacher will be a source of support and inspiration for all those embarking on their initial training and first post in the sector, as well as qualified professionals looking for reassuring, fresh ideas.